Last night I sat down with a glass of red and make one of my favorite dishes – a chorizo and goat cheese pizza. To open the windows, slow down and simply cook is one of the things I’ve grown to love to do over the past few years, and I get more adventurous every month with the dishes I try. Cooking for one isn’t nearly as fun as cooking for other people but this dish is one that tastes just as good the following day as it does when it comes out of the oven or off the grill. I promise this wont turn into a cooking blog but if you’d like the recipe, read on. More >>
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1/2 Chorizo Spicy Sausage
- 1/2 cup fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup (approx). Sun Dried Tomatoes (in oil)
- 3oz Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 Tomatoes
- Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Pepper, Honey
1. Get your dough stretched out and brush with olive oil
2. Slice the onion with a small amount of Olive Oil. As the onions cook, add Balsamic Vinegar and simmer for 10 min
3. Remove the onion, finely chop the Chorizo and simmer for 5 min over medium heat, covering with 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
4. Spread Goat Cheese on the dough and then add all ingredients (Onions, Chorizo, Sundried Tomatoes, Chopped Tomatoes, Basil) and place in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees or until dough is golden brown (but still a little soft). Then glaze the top with a bit of Honey. Sounds strange but you won’t regret it.
That’s it. Hope you enjoy. What’s your favorite summer pizza?